The 3 F'S  

Posted by lafemmereva in

Bah!! Fun, Frolic and Florida - The 3 F'S!!

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death.
The moral: It doesn't matter if you are a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you better be running.
The moral lafemmed: It doesn’t matter if me you have been vacationing in a sunshine state in what was a bathing suit last year that has become a bikini this year. You still got to come back running to the same old work and actually work, pay your bills, do your vacation laundry, upload all photos for the whole world in facebook/orkut and tweet your pals to check their facebook/orkut (as if we need a reminder!!!) and spend a zillion hours planning the next getaway.

I too nod in agreement - All talk about prompt return to blogging after vacation but in the end just like the Indian Politician – High on promise low on delivery. But lafememreva needed a vacation to recoup from the vacation she took. So here’s a late but latest account without further digression.

I have a bad reputation at making it in time to board a flight. But every b*tch has her day and so I had mine. I was in the airport all of 1 hour early. Stomach staging mutiny I settled for Chinese. Chinese and mass production are not so mandarin but more like siamese twins, Thanks to mass production and affordable labor Chinese goods have flooded our market a dime a dozen. They can also be credited for the well balanced eco system what with their bowel systems recycling half the fauna on the face of earth; oiled so well that warrants a mallu oil man in the “Gelf” to say “ Tastes simbly good”

Since we are regrouping after a while let’s address some burning issues such as Why we will always be mama’s boys and daddy’s girls.

After lunch I settle in the nearest lounge and see a coloring book next to me. Now we wannabe out of box thinkers cannot resist that surge of creativity that swells up like say for example those afternoons at work when we make mental pictures of our boss in a bikini and even give him a chihuaha in a bag as an accessory. So I begin to draw stick figures and to some with an artistic eye it might even look like Kate Moss who has no mass. Then I heard the falsetto of a 5 year old all Adam Lambert-y that would put even a fire alarm to shame. He had come back to get the book he left behind. And none of a much embarrassed lafememreva’s apologies or his father’s consolation paid off. Then came the mother. Almost instantly the waterworks subsided. The father promptly went back to piggy backing his daughter. And so the boy continued to be his mama’s and the girl continued to be her papa’s. In case you are wondering what I have to say if you have/are a single parent. I would like to salute , respect and applaud you if you are a single parent or the child of one.

So all ye mama’s boys / daddy’s girls and ma/ddy’s babies buckle up and heave ho!! We go! To Florida – The sunshine state!

I boarded the flight and as I reached my seat I saw it – The first sight of a few strands of hair on what was designated to be my seat. My previous passenger most definitely had to be a parent. I don’t think so – I know so! God Bless the soul. How do I know it’s not the kid’s hair. Not unless the kid was a grey-haired Benjamin Button who grew younger by the day.

Then after a safe and customary noisy take off I see it - The bronzed veil. Before you picture some arab beauty luring you from behind her veil let me assure you this bronzed veil will send you sneezing all the way to the loo with several kids “auntying” you as you walk across them.

Bronzed Veil a.k.a Loose powder or simply some varied texture of compact for all you cosmetically challenged men. Lafemmereva is no au naturel and all but my co passenger ‘s sole activity on board was to paint and dust her face as if she was prepping for a war with several layers of heavily pigmented bronzed veil powder which breezed through my ripped jeans and settled on my legs forming patches which when revealed, (Bah!! When you switch to skirts ! Naughty!) leave a lot to imagination, taking any form from a playboy bunny to a teenage mutant ninja turtle.

Maybe that is what the 5 year old boy who sat behind me was figuring out everytime “Aunty lafemmereva” ran to the restroom to sneeze and er… because of all the bronzed veil powder rain on board. But you never know…Maybe he was just an early starter.

After all men will be men
Flesh sighting is what they do
Especially on a ripped jeans too blue.


Break in journey at the music city where the travel companions meetup. Visit to the temple paid on L/reva’s insistence before the 14 hr drive to the destination begins. And as the car wheeled away from the temple I hear the gods whisper “ You were born to be wild. So in the next few days go tame the beastly youth in you. May the force be with you”

Lattes , Music and 14 hr drive later the fun began to “flo” in “Flo”rida and how?
Green palms (yes, Surprise!!), boountiful beaches, sleeping on the beaches at sunset, alligator and bird watching in state parks and swamps and elaborate dinners.

We drove through the Seven mile highway to Keywest which is ensconced comfortably in the southernmost part of Florida , just 90 miles away from Cuba and its infamous cigar - where Fidel Castro once ruled roost. The Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic kissed the road from both sides and each other with the sea grass tickling them and pulling them apart making not just the waters green but the onlooking humans too!
The seagrass do more than photosynthesize they sympathize you for a photo too. So we went click, click and more click till it was time for parasailing.

Parasailing offers a panoramic view of the beach and a chance for you to take a fresh look at pole dancers, refresh your respect for them possibly even manifolding it, for their extreme balance in addition to the extreme entertainment that they provide all while looking Lara Croft-y the Tomb raider -ish. Such admiration for them is inevitable when you are seated delicately balanced on a rod several hundred feet above the deep blue waters taking in a spectacular panoramic view if the vast expanse of the sea below with a rope tethering you and the hand that controls the rope occasionally shaking you and everything out of you.

Parasailing – Will do, Again!

A cruise into the sunset waiting, we eagerly jumped on board with hats, sunglasses and much needed thirst quenchers. I am standing by the railing admiring the blue and orange hues freezing the moment in my head when I detect the presence of a Peruvian babe (PB) next to me.

PB: Nice sandals. I like them
L/reva: Thanks. So where are you from?
PB: Peru. I'm vacationing in North America
L/reva: Cool! I'm vacationing too.
PB: I like your outfit
L/reva: Thanks. So do you like florida?
PB: Its cool. I like your sunglasses
L/reva: Thanks. So is this your first time on a cruise?
PB: I like you (leans over saying so)
L/reva (thinking): What? Maybe? Shae..No!! Is she? But! Should I? Obama said Change is good….Crap!!!! I made a “straight” dash to my mates.

Much sleep,lattes, music and driving later - NASA. Think Nasa. Think Swades. Think SRK. And don't think KKR!

A threesome of sun, rain and thunder provided the much needed spark to the marriage with reality on the drive back home.

A Picture is worth a thousand words. So why did I have to make you read a 1000 instead of posting a few pictures? Because without the words there wouldn’t be a story and without a story there wouldn’t be a lafemmereva. And if there were no lafemmereva …..Crap!! I cannot even finish that sentence. I, lafemmereva, am at a loss of words. I am emosunal now peoples.

P.S. Notice to kids on a pool in Florida:

Welcome to the ool (notice the “pee” missing)

This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at Tuesday, June 02, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

37 comments

ohhh so you were vacationing :-)...i assumed you were tooooo tied up with work ;-)...

but it's not fair you know...all your orkut / fb friends get to see pics and not your blog readers? not even one pic?

and oh my...the PB convo made me laugh like crazy, yet again :-)...there's something about you, rev...first the cab driver asking you about KS and now this one...haha

anyway, now after reading this, i wanna go to FL toooo...sooon....:-(...

June 02, 2009

Oooohhh you were in florida ????????? Miami I assume since you mentioned the keys :)
My husband lives in FL and I am in louuuurve with the state !!!!!!!

June 02, 2009

a good vacation is the best way to start ur summer...lol@ the conversation with a lesbo...

June 02, 2009

You should have waited you know. PB was getting to the KS question. You didn't give her chance wonly. Tch. Poor PB.

:D

June 02, 2009

AH ponne.. you is the backs.. Maybe the peruvian babe followed our not so straight scraps on orkut ;)

June 02, 2009

ohhh.. so thatz where u were..looks like u had lotsa fun.. nice post..

June 02, 2009
Anonymous  

I guess Obama also said.."Yes, We Can(oodle)!" Lol

Superb post :-)

June 02, 2009

lafemmereva's simbly delicious travel account!

I bet there was no Peruvian babe, instead a BABA! (You didn't say that to not to break few hearts, didn't U??)

June 02, 2009

After all men will be men
Flesh sighting is what they do
Especially on a Saree worn too loose !

btw: if the Peruvian conversation did happen why was she not interested in where you were from ?

PS: "The fist sight of a few strands of hair" .. Firsht la?

June 03, 2009

Ok. so that explains your absence. I thought after Sangh Parivar loosing the elections, my RSS feed stopped working.

June 03, 2009

not to be obeying obama always is being the goods!
great time to have been in florida! but beettcchh deprived me is wanting pics also!

June 03, 2009

...every morning, I must run to work!

June 03, 2009

Ahhh..........so u have been to my land!!! most invigorating n fun-filled place huh??? nice write-up of ur vacation.......and rofl @ lesbo conversation!!! u rock gurl!!!

June 03, 2009

i want a holiday too!!!

hehe

anyways , pls collect ur award from my blog!:)

June 04, 2009

Parasailing or no parasailing, I always had the deepest respect for pole dancers :)
I think you should have messed with the PB a little :) Being true to your name La Femme Fatale :)
Nice post. Any luck with the lottery ticket?

June 04, 2009

reading your post now m dying for a vacation myself! florida will do!! lolzzz it was nice read all the fun and frolic and all the stories were typically YOU!! and that statement "every b***h has its day" really had me rolling on the floor!

keep blogging!

June 05, 2009

nice tale.. PB conv was a riot - didn't you feel a bit curious though :P

June 06, 2009

ROFLOL

June 06, 2009

ROTFLOL

June 06, 2009

ROTFLOL

June 06, 2009

:)
Here from Ramesh's.
Don't know what is with cruises and their effect on people.I had a similar experience on a cruise on the Nile in Egypt. Except the one at the receiving end was my husband. It was the first time a man had passed me up for him! :P
Cheers
preeti

June 07, 2009

A request--since you anyway moderate comments can you please remove the word verification.
It makes it easier for people to comment and serves no purpose as comment moderation is anyway on.
Cheers
preeti

June 07, 2009

I agree with Preeti. Work verification is useless even w/o moderation. Today i had to type "untlana" - thats no word in any lingo!

June 07, 2009
Anonymous  

haha fabulous. Its my first visit to your blog..too good

June 09, 2009

haha.. isn't vacationing all about NEW "experiences" ???? LOL

June 09, 2009

Reva ponne.. me wants new post.. a post esp for me.. pls pls.

June 10, 2009

Are you now on the vacation to recover from the vacation to recover ..... No posts, no comments - we are suffering withdrawal symptoms from all the fun in blogosphere

June 11, 2009

Aaah Floridaaa..That's the only place I've been on vacation on my official visits to the states...

Clearly you had so much fun and very well written too. I am sure the trip has given enough fodder to talk about and blog for hours :).

June 12, 2009

interesting............

Your topics always put me on the edge of my seat...

Sort of controversial sometimes and sometimes pretty unnoticed...

Another good one from you :-)

June 13, 2009

LFR, Am I going to get a reply?

PS: ivivilyz aint no word either!

June 13, 2009

@Ersa

hehe! Words and words are all I have for my darlings you readers!!

yea..I think it's animal magnetism of the female kind!! :P

U shud go to FL!!! Fun will flow!! All sides!!

@Prashanti

Yep...Keys that unlock the door to the youth in you.
U in love. Me had a fling ;)

@rads

yep....wens u vacationing?

@dewdropdream

did the dewdrop come in your dream today? :P
Yea. Shae. I nipped it in the bud. Next time I will
let love blossom ;)

@saya

shh...not so public ;)

@amol

Ho!!! bro, ur back on my site! Didn't say that to break hearts. But I heard it cracked quite a lot;)

@sreekrishnan

bah!!! U just delivered me my humour fix!! Kudos amigos.

Maybe she was secular :P

yep!! u have the roving eye I see...!!!

@santhosh

hahahahahahahahah!!! By far the best safron joke!!!

Me has been in the thick of things ;(

@ssquo

I drive thankfully, U run?? Going green campaign eh ;)ur resolution didnt stop with earth day then!

@Harry

yes best land I say...70% of it was water though ;(
I also stone, paper, scissor! :)

@apparently Intellectual

U r actually intellectual! Not just intelectually.

How honored i am. I collected the same just now!

June 13, 2009

@rofl indian

clineto said that no....cannodling and all :P
lewinsky will testify to that! :P

Danke :)

@rayshma

:) words and words are all I have to take ur hearts away:P boyzone said so not lafemmereva!!

@ajay

me too..totally!!!

who me...aint i sweet lil innocent ... :P

Not yet..but tomorrow is a new day!

@parv

sure will do. danke ;)

@eye-in-sty-in

yes...er..I mean no...;)

@mammis kitchen :)

@preeti shenoy

u ask and me will oblige. done!! ur spared of GESRGSERTGGESTSERTSTRE :P

u too eye-in-sty-in

@silently express

danke:) do come back!

June 13, 2009

@saya

me will..in a bit...been a bit busy :(

@ramesh

hahaha!!! yes soon....Ill give an over dosage..Hopefully!!! :(

@brown phantom

yes...totally. and awesome pics too. and the dudes there in the beach...ha!! drenched in awesomeness


@mahesh sindbandge

ha!! and u fall off them laughing :):)
danke!!! u guys keep me going!!!

@eye -in - sty- in

u got!!! and ur reminder made me give the others their replies too!!! danke!!! u rock!

June 13, 2009

thanks! just didnt want u to look bad in other ppl's eyes ;-)

June 13, 2009

thanks! just didnt want u to look bad in other ppl's eyes ;-)

June 13, 2009

@eye-in-sty-in

danke :) tru frnd u r!

June 19, 2009

I reread this - u were in Key West!!! Thats awesome, I was there in december. Isnt the drive just gorgeous. The beach and water is my favorite space, so clearly I loved KWest.

Did you go to the place called "The Keys' a piano bar on Duval? Oh and parasailing. I am scared of heights but I did it, and i think ill do it again.

Ahhh Key west :)

June 22, 2009

Post a Comment