25 things about me you didn't know  

Posted by lafemmereva

• I can speak commendable English, Tamil, Telugu, Hindi. None of it is my native tongue. I speak deplorable malayalam. I'm a mallu.
• Give me a good read and I will rape through it. One spelling mistake in the material and I will abort the mission.
• No, it's not rain. It's overheated iron boxes and old 10 paise coins that make me nostalgic.
• I never ever tell my age on my birthday. I am scared my longevity will decrease. I celebrate half birthdays.
• When I am in deep trouble or in deep grief I laugh a lot. I am at my humorous best.
• Even when everything falls apart I don’t cry. But when I saw my dad after a 2 year hiatus tears flowed down my cheek. When I saw my mom the floodgates broke open. When I saw my 1 year old nephew I bawled like a baby. He giggled.
• I have written my Goodbye mail to send out when I quit work to purse my real calling in life. I see it everyday before leaving work. The day I get a chance to send it for real I will cry. Tears of Joy.
• I want to travel around the world. If that doesn’t happen for some reason I will make my son/daughter a sailor or pirate and sail in their ship.
• Friday night party, Saturday morning Run & Saturday evening prayer - My sanity routine.
• Kids melt me. Not chocolate.
• I can marathon for 16 hrs. Not the running kind. The sitting on couch and watching TV runs.
• I like the french - Fries, Parfum and Kiss.
• I once ate breakfast, lunch and dinner. Each twice. Everyday. For a week. I didn’t’ gain a pound.
• I have a nose for pregnant women. I have almost always needed just one look to tell if a friend is pregnant or not. Sometimes even the woman herself hadn't received medical confirmation yet.
• I once was in a major road accident and my face was scarred. The doctor said I required cosmetic surgery. And even after that he said recovery wouldn't be complete. I poured brandy on my scar for 6 months. Face was spotless. Doctor was speechless.
• I have been to New York 6 times. I belong there.
• I always doze in a bus/train but wake up in time to get off. When I was in Singapore my sis and I were in a bus. I was dozing. She was constantly nagging me not to sleep for fear of missing the stop. When it was time to alight I woke up from a deep sleep and got off . She forgot to get off.
• I drink Jeera water everyday, Makes the next day's "Job" much easier. I once had 10 Samosas and 5 spring rolls in one stretch. I drank Jeera water before going to bed.
• I had it until I was 5 – No, Not bed wetting. Fear of dark.
• I wore frilly frocks till I turned 18. My mom hid them in embarrassment. I found them and hid them again. Frilly frock fashion might make a comeback. My son or daughter might appreciate the act. Heirloom. Legacy.
• 2000- A teacher once called me a burden on earth since I was obese. I was dumbfounded. 2002- The teacher was dumbfounded. He let out a cat whistle.
• I have atleast 2 shoes for every color in the rainbow. I love watching my mother pleat her saree. I love talking to my fish.
• I am a strict vegetarian.
• I went to the beach almost every single day when I was in College.
• One morning, a few days ago, a friend (friend seeks anonymity) tagged me . The same night there was a crisis at work. Late night. Conference room. 10 people were nervously taking notes to fix some issues in the system. Tense atmosphere. I was there too, taking notes. You just read them. I shared my notes after the meeting with everyone in the room. Frown Lines became laugh lines. We went and solved the crisis in 30 minutes. And had a good night's sleep.
• Good Night!

I tag Jusha, Saya, Alteregoishere.

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 12, 2009 at Sunday, April 12, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

31 comments

Seriously! This was the most awesome post. I loved reading about you! Whoa. You've done/ been through real weird/ interesting stuff!

Nose for pregnant women! Lol! I have never heard of this.

And brandy?! I'll keep that in mind.

Lovely post!
:)

April 13, 2009

it was a nice and funny read!! good to hear so many things about you!!

keep blogging!!

April 13, 2009

hehhe.. very nice post!.. are you really serious about the brandy????? You shud market it ;-)))!!
btw how did you do 2000 to 2002?????

April 13, 2009

10 samosas and 5 spring rolls?? I am a BIG foodie but i cant comprehend even the thought of eating so much!!

And Strict Vegetarian?? Who can be called a strict vegetarian? I am sure nobody.. coz i am sure you eat Breads or biscuits or eggs or milk or milk based products.... False claim!! :):):)

April 13, 2009
Raga  

This is a sure thing that will make others admire you!!

If they are not doing it already... ;-)

April 13, 2009
Anonymous  

i already did this in my blog :)..

April 13, 2009

@Kaddu - Thanks!!! :) Am glad you liked it!! yes, you see in these difficult times it pays to have such handy skills :P

April 13, 2009

@Parv - Thanks Parv!!

April 13, 2009

@TW - :) yep!!!! only people will be more willing to put it in their mouths than their faces :P

April 13, 2009

@Yogesh - I expected you to be a good performer...U let me down :( I am not getting you anywhere near my pet fish!!!You might make fish cutlet and sell!! :(

April 13, 2009

@Raga - Do I need admirers when I have friends like you?

April 13, 2009

@Charan - Link to post?

April 13, 2009

Impressed!!! Haven't seen anyone for a long time, who uses figures of speech so extensively. I envy your writing skills.

Awesome post.

April 14, 2009

Very Impressed with the 16 hour marathon thing.. I consider myself a good movie buff, but Im not sure if I can ever match that 16 hour streak of yours.. (you aren't bluffing right? Im still finding hard to imagine!!)

April 14, 2009

The surgery thing was hilarious. You seem to have had quite and interesting time in life.
Share your pain with the languages...I am fluent in 4, passable in 2 others...but cannot read, write or speak much of my mother tongue...it is a shame.

April 14, 2009

Assumption not fair!! I said there are no pure veggies around!! but i wont eat a Fish!! Come on!! I am a V(eg(g))etarian as well!! :):)

April 14, 2009

I am lowing the love for french ;-) come here and make fraaaaaaaaanships with me girl.. Turn around all you peepals.. :D

April 15, 2009

hey revs... just read this post ..lovely one and an amusing one at that too...
but oka chinna correction re... one of the facts...that frilly frocks to be precise...maybe it shud be written.."wore" and not "wrote".... Am i right? I know that's a typo...u can del my comment once u correct ur post..
anyway, good going baby..i love reading ur blog anyway...

April 15, 2009

Reva.....hilarious :)
Like I said, you never fail to amuse and entertain!

Keep blogging....you have such amazing talent! Way to go!

April 15, 2009

@Pushkar - Thanks !! Honored! :) Neighbour's envy, owner's pride! :)

April 15, 2009

@Sammy - I shall speak the truth and only the truth..Yedp sweet sixteen it is! :P

April 15, 2009

@Yogesh - Vehement denial tantamounts to subtle indiscretion :P

April 15, 2009

@ Saya - what about Frenchie :P

April 15, 2009

@ Sujoy - Imagine the next generation's plight :0

April 15, 2009

@ Swetha - Many Many Many Many Thanks! :)

April 15, 2009

@Shanthi - Many Thanks shanthi...corrected and retained your comment :)I'm proud to have people who have such a roving eye for detail!

April 15, 2009
Anonymous  

http://alteregoishere.wordpress.com/2009/02/09/25-random-things-about-me/

my random things about me :)

April 16, 2009
Anonymous  

First, I'd have to watch out the next time you read something I write. Thanks for having warned all of us.
Second, I quite like the concept of the half birthdays!
Third, I was wondering why I hadn't cried at all in years, not even when I returned home to meet dad after long, I cried after I was back and thousands of miles away from India, that ways..lucky you!
four, Brandy for road accident? Im shocked! was that French as well, Cognac? :)

Interesting revelations, really, the Jeera water, and oh, the French connections as well. And you don't speak French?

April 18, 2009

@varun

1. bah!!! do spell check!!

2. yes quarter and 3 quarters too!!

3.tears are a sign of strength!

4.supply then was restricted!! :)

Nada!! me no speak french! Jeera water!! Go with the 'flow'!

April 19, 2009

WOW that was a very good post...its the first time i wasn't bored while reading so much personal stuff about someone...i liked that whiskey cure point...something i never heard before...and jeera water huh must give that a try...and btw me speaks telgu too, its my mother tounge...

April 19, 2009

@ rads...really!!! wow!!! so itlu rads eh? :) Danke!

April 22, 2009

Post a Comment