Susan Boyle - All rise!  

Posted by lafemmereva in ,

I, in my rarely sane self, witnessed a recorded miracle.

I am afraid to go to the zoo anymore. The goosebumps on my hand now resemble spikes. The porcupines might claim me as one of their own.

Hope finally got rechristened. It's now called Susan Boyle. The 45 ish brit woman's initial cover got the whole of Britain secretly wanting to see her fall flat on her face, with just her curls for cover when she recovered.

And after her performance, If there was any movement, it wasn't her fall but their rise - to give her a standing O. And how? This is how - Check her video here.

Welcome back porcupines!

Her video had been viewed more than 26 million times on youtube.

If you were off social networking for a while and are looking to make a comeback here's a tip. Change our status in Twitter/Facebook/Orkut/Messenger and watch how even an L.KG - A/B/C classmate starts off with you on how he was bowled over by this woman who claimed in mirth that she has never been kissed from birth! That is the likeability this woman commands.

I am speaking with measured caution and realistic optimism when I wish that having lived the life she has lived with disappointments and setbacks galore, she finds true love that more than makes up for the time lapsed. However I will cross my fingers and hope that some yacht-owning, blue pill consuming, forbes type male or a 20 or 30 something boy toy doesn't come along to hold her hand for a share of the limelight. When one's imperfections mirrors the other's strength that's when a true match is said to be made in heaven!

Even at the risk of stating an unverified fact I proceed to say with audacity that I have no doubts she beat Giselle Bundchen and Adriana Lima for the most searched in google. Me thinks God meant the name Boyle to be synonymous for talent - Danny Boyle, Susan Boyle! Wondering if I should ask my dad to change his name to Boyle. And be that "IT" girl overnight.

But that would be unfair innit? For I, all of 20 something, would still not know what it is to be Susan Boyle - a woman whose talent is finally getting an outlet at a time when her peers are moghul empires and media lynch pins with half as talent.

To me that's what makes her a true embodiment of the oft pursued American Dream. Irony, that a brit had to wake America to it's now forgotten dream! And thankfully it is not another cosmetically repackaged "40 year old beauty" with all her "jobs" that gave the world it's wake up call.

For all you doubting thomases NO this woman is not a flash in the pan. True talent transcends time. Case in point is "Cry me a river", which she recorded for a local school in 1999, of which only 1000 copies were made.

If any of you have her "Cry me a river" CD (1999) - I love you , you are my best buddy. Please loan it to the hungry blogger who is also a die hard music fan. I will make special mention of your generous act here.

P.S No, I have the you tube link of "Cry me a river"!! CD, my love!!! CD!!

This entry was posted on Saturday, April 18, 2009 at Saturday, April 18, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

27 comments

Anonymous  

Well, she sure has become the talk of all social networking sites.Some people are built to sweep the world off its feet and Susan Boyle is the latest addition! and, like it has happened to most earlier additions, the forbes type male would probably be the first to come by. Or, considering she's British, it might be a Russian Oil giant!
I think we all have something in us to be in the IT moment! Something subconscious, something not aware to the senses.
I like the structure of your writing! pinch of humour every here and there is always a winning combination with fact!
my fav susan boyle descriptions so far!

and, will the special mention here apply if I were to send an e-bay link? lol

April 18, 2009

i wish i had hits like tht.. man i wld go berserk!!!

April 19, 2009

I heard her name in quite a few place today apart from your blog and thought i should see what the hype is all about... i googled her and got the link for the youtube...

When she was introducing herself there was one girl after 1.24 mins in the video who made the most appalling expression i have ever seen... i know there are a lot of people in the world with prejudice against appearance and everyone in the world with prejudice against something but i always thought people would be ashamed to show it so openly... but well that girl did and even before the song started i wanted Susan Boyle to do well.. and this was before i read your full blog and people's thoughts about her which might have told me she was very very very very good....

But even in my wildest of dreams i would not have thought she would have been so good because i did not know any person could have so good a voice... makes me wonder what has she been doing for the last 47 years of her life... and those around her who let such precious talent go waste...

I take a bow for Susan Boyle and wish i was personally there to insult the girl i mentioned above or at least the video showed her reaction after the performance... but the reaction she got was something which i thought was still not enough for the way people reacted to her...

I hate reality shows and these talent shows and i always wonder why such things exist... but Susan Boyle vindicated to me their existence...

And thanks a million Revathy for making me curious to check out about her... You made a woeful day of mine end is awesomeness (as Barney Stinson would say)...

April 19, 2009

Watched her vid the other day, when there were around 2 million hits.
What talent and what cockyness!

April 19, 2009
This comment has been removed by the author.
April 19, 2009

@varun rascal no u r!! :)

April 19, 2009

@parv u betcha!

April 19, 2009

@ yogesh yes....!!! the one with the smoky eyed look and long straight hair with side bangs. did you also see the woman's reaction when susan b said "elaine page"? yes!! and cockiness? don't even ask!! the way she gyrated her hips a.k.a govinda!! Man!! and she left the song not waiting for a "yes" that to me was signature susan!!! Man alive..watta woman!!! :)

April 19, 2009

@sujoy yea!!! the "take me or leave me"!!!

April 19, 2009

@Siva If Michael Jackson sang a ballad I wouldn't care to watch. If he moonwalks the world with me in the front seat will sit and salivate. Susan may not go out of her core competency of ballads and operas but hey! me is cool with that!! I don't wanna hear her sing pop or any other genre! Last year in the same show Paul Potts , the eventual winner, sang operas/ballads and he is doing well for himself!!

If my mom/aunt/granny/ were to go live on stage and perform an act I would care less if they have a profitable career post the act.
I will stand on the benches and whistle!! And even make them sit on an elephant and parade them through the streets of my village! :)The act in itself will do me proud like Susan did.

BTW Susan is in talks with Sony BMG and Simon's company :)

April 19, 2009
This comment has been removed by the author.
April 19, 2009

@ varun - :D ebay link!!! I'm rofling!!!

April 19, 2009
Smita  

In 90% of the cases the encouragement is lacking for women to come out and show their talents. I don't know how far Susan Boyle will go but the point to be noted is when Simon asked her why it didn't work out for her all these years she said " For whatever reasons, but here's hoping that will change it all!" And she also said "She wants to be a professional singer" To me, that is enough. To have the zeal to pursue a dream even at that age.

April 19, 2009
Smita  

And my dear friend lafemmereva - You should learn from her to pursue your dream with that much aggression and passion. So stop writing about others who pursue theirs and do something so that others can write about you this way. Get off the couch, NOW!!! :)

April 19, 2009

Hmm that was the best take on Susan Boyle I've read till now. She sure was amazing. More than her opera voice the song she chose was very touching and I guess was somewhat related to her own situation...she's been singing since she was 12 years old is what I heard and her dream as a singer finally came true...The name Boyle did remind me of the Brit director Danny Boyle.

April 19, 2009

Did u happen to see the performance by little Shaheen a 12 yr old boy on Sat. That was fantastic.

April 20, 2009

ponne.. twitter rocks.

April 20, 2009

Was surprised to see "Susan Boyle" is the top trending topic on twitter right now!!! And just before googling about her (twitter doesn't give good information sometimes), i landed on your blog.. Respect + Hat's off (my imaginary hat of course) to her..

quote ("When one's imperfections mirrors the other's strength that's when a true match is said to be made in heaven").. wow.. you are a romantic!!

April 21, 2009

hello lafemmereva. thank you for visiting my blog so that i could in turn visit yours. what a nice blog you have, friendly and funny and full of life. i loved it and i'll definately keep coming back for more
did you like my blog? if you did, please do become a follower so that i can share with you whenever i write next. its nice to have readers like you who are such cool writers themselves :)

April 21, 2009

@lil girl...done!! :)

April 22, 2009

@Anup ..yep!!one song did make all the difference for him eh!!!

April 22, 2009

@ rads ...yes and a friend did point out another boyle....a physics guy with constants and all!! PV = RT!! :P had a law named after him!

April 22, 2009

@ smita - :D ummah!

April 22, 2009

@saya - totally woman!

April 22, 2009

@sammy - yep!! like we need sthng to twitter abt! :D

April 22, 2009

Oki..I know am I bit late but whoa! What voice! WHAT VOICE! The goosebumps.. I got them too. The emotion in her voice was so powerful that I can think of nothing to compare it with.

Appearance.. Seriously. Who gives any sh*t. That's one issue with those folks. They're (as Amanda rightly confessed) so cynical. The voice was magical. It could move a stone to tears! Phew! What woman!

P.S. I blogrolled you! :)

April 22, 2009

I was surprised when I saw it full. Even I laughed it off at first even after knowing that it was an inspiration story. She was the first person to get 3 yes' in that show. I too got goosebumps as every one else...

April 26, 2009

Post a Comment