Gone in 60 seconds!  

Posted by lafemmereva in , ,

A tense and stressful 6 hrs passed with concern about an ailing kin today. I usually am a make-up person and smile is my favorite cosmetic. Stress as you know is the worst concealer.

Frantic calls, lots of pacing up-and-down-the-corridor and endless cups of coffee was becoming the order of the day. As things progressed I decided to take mind off things. I walked into my office break room where we all gather to heat our lunch in the microwave unit.

Scene: Two microwave units in the break-room and I am waiting my turn near one of them as both are occupied by two ladies (who sit near my workstation and are remarkable witty. I so so so love them for regaling me with their wisecracks everyday)

Lady 1: "I am going to rush to the restroom while my lunch gets heated in the oven".

Saying so, she times the m/wave unit to a minute and goes to the restroom for doing "it".
Lady 2 and I engage in small talk.

Lady 1 returns from the restroom just as the one-minute timer on her m/wave unit is about to go off. She reaches to take her lunch out of the oven and while doing so sports a "I don't believe this" kind of expression.

Lady 2 (seeing Lady 1 's expression speaks): "You are surprised your food can be so frozen that even a minute in the oven hasn't done it any good?"

Lady 1: "No! , I never knew I could do "it" in the restroom in less than a minute."

Lady 2: Don't tell the manager this or she will time us to do "it" in less than a minute and add that as a performance measure in our appraisal!!!!

:) And just like that I smiled.....again....

And yes, I did time myself during my next trip .....and I'm sure you will too!!!!

This entry was posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 at Monday, March 23, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Anonymous  

Babe, me took 15 seconds and u? BTW, I love hearing your stories as much as I love reading them....:) We should meetup!!! Next time....Call when u r in my territory!!!

March 24, 2009
Raga  

I tried it this morning!! No use!! :( Will do it tomorrow!

March 31, 2009

Rage - If at first u try and dont succeed destroy all evidence that u tried :)

March 31, 2009

Ush - 15 seconds....are u sure? :P

April 05, 2009

Post a Comment